SYMPTOMS OF EVIL EYE AND ENVY?
An Overview of Evil Eye & Envy and its evidence in the Quran & Sunnah of it’s reality.
Evil Eye & Envy
The evil eye is the name for a sickness or misfortune transmitted, usually with or without intention, by someone who is envious, jealous, and covetous from among man or jinn. It could affect children, adults, livestock, vehicles, property, businesses and any kind of materialistic items.
PROOFS FROM THE SHARIAH
Almighty Allah says: “And verily, those who disbelieve would almost make you slip with their eyes…” (Aayah 51, Surah Al-Qalam, 68) Almighty Allah says:“..And from the evil of the envier when he envied.” (Aayah 5 Surah Al Falaq 113)
Narrated by Abdullah ibn Abbas : Allah’s Messenger ﷺ said: ‘The influence of an ‘evil eye’ is real; if anything would precede the destiny it would be the influence of an ‘evil eye’.’ (Sahih Muslim Hadith 5427) Narrated by Jabir bin Abdullah : “Evil-eye is true. It could put a camel in the cooking pot and a man in the grave.” (Kashfu’l-Khafa, 2: 76, narrated Abu Naim)
We are advised to recite ‘Masha Allah’, to prevent the casting out of an evil eye, therefore one should say ‘Masha Allah’ when praising or looking at anyone or anything with excitement.
The list below are some of the signs of the effects of the evil eye. The list of symptoms provided in this treatise is not exhaustive. Also, these symptoms could be caused by other means. It is meant only as general information for educational purposes. For an accurate and comprehensive diagnosis please see a trained professional.
– Changing of the colour of the face. The faces of people will go dark, some pale, or a yellow pallor.
– Finding it hard to sleep during the night and feeling sleepy during the day. Sweating while sleeping from the forehead, back, hands and feet.
– Feeling of boredom, hopelessness, carelessness, listlessness, and or apathy.
– Frequent urination although you are not diabetic.
– Aspirations feel out of reach. Whatever ambitions you have.
– You feel as though you are incapable, or that you should postpone trying.
– No zest or zeal for life.
– No desire to do things you used to enjoy doing or were good at.
– Inability to do things you used to enjoy doing or were good at.
– Headaches that move from one part of the head to another.
– Weak appetite.
– Heat or cold in the limbs.
– Palpitations in the heart